7.18.2007

Who needs 40 days?

There isn't much going on here besides RAIN. We've had downpours for four or five days. Every morning I wake up to heavy rain and every evening between 6-7 PM it begins to rain again. Its midnight now and its still raining. My grass is over a foot high now and it just keeps raining. The sun comes out just long enough to "feed" the grass, but the puddles are still there, especially in the backyard. It will be at least one sunny day to dry things out and tomorrow we're expecting....rain again.
I don't mind the rain. I kind of like it. I really could care less about my grass being a jungleland, but I know two individuals in this world feel very differently: my dog and one persnickety neighbor. My poor dog is fed up with squatting to pee with wet shards of grass (TX grass is NOT soft) sticking up her hiney.
The neighbor's identity still remains a mystery, but last time we let our grass go wild we got a nasty note in our mailbox. We had just moved in and were busy with the inside of our house and, frankly, having more of a life than this grass-pondering neighbor must have been having. The note said, "Your grass looks like ****. Cut it or water it or something." Can you imagine?!!?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ahhh your neighbor has grass envy!

What a pest... we have a few of them on my block too, but none as nervy as yours!

We are expecting heavy rain again too. The flooding was so severe yesterday, it closed down several major roads, and the trains.

Here is to a sunny rest of the summer!

Erica said...

geesh that sucks about the neighbor...back up here on the east coast we need the rain...i don't have the problems with the lawn because my association for the development takes care of it...otherwise i would have to be out there in the humidity (which sucks) and take care of it...thank goodness for association dues :-) love ya...it was sooooo great to talk to you today for a bit...we will have to do it soon and tell B i said hi! :-) hugs
-me

Photobucket