7.19.2007

Resolution Time!

It is human nature to make those positive little statements on January 1st every year. You know, those ones everyone at your gym makes which spawns them to sign 2-year contracts enabling them to use the stair climber a life-changing six times before the following January in which they use the second year of the gym contract for another six visits?
I like to take every opportunity to reevaluate my goals and remind me why I have them. My birthday, my half-birthday, my dog's birthday, and George Washington's birthday are open-game for me. The other week I reread this journal entry I wrote just before 2007 began.

I want to change the course of my family's history by creating wealth in an honest way. I want to be a part of people's fondest memories. I want my financial independence and freedom of time to give me the ability to provide travel experiences beyond my wildest dreams; choices without thinking or sacrificing for money or holding back until the money is there. I want to be an amazing mother. I want to be a steadfast, romantic, sweet wife and confidant to Barton. I want to be known as a family historian. I want no regrets beyond this point. Live happily + confidantly + joyfully + daringly.

Reading this makes me want to jump out of my comfort zone (otherwise known as this very computer chair I sit in that faces this very endearing friend called my computer) and get to work. And that's a good thing.

Your Challenge of the day (if you so wish to entertain this cheesy little challenge) is to write down WHY you have your goals so when the next birthday rolls around you can remind yourself of the WHY and get yourself back on your feet sooner than next January Uno. Feel free to post your reason in the comments, or not.

By the way, the event that spurred me to remember my goals this time around was our 2-year wedding anniversary on July 9th. It has been two marvelous and crazy years. :)

No comments:

Photobucket