3.25.2009

Tombstone, Arizona


I traveled to Tombstone, Arizona for the tail end of my Spring Break. The first part, I spent with one of my most favorite people in the world--TK--where he lives in Dallas.


We went to Tombstone for a ghost investigation with our group, Texas Paranormal Research Team. We did an investigation (and found evidence) at the Bird Cage Theater and Tombstone Cemetery. The Bird Cage is the oldest building still in its original form. It hosted an 8-year high stakes poker game, round-the-clock entertainment and over 20 deaths. It is chock-full of history (cieling, walls, and floors are still riddled with bullet holes) and just plain amazing.





















Then we went to Bisbee, Arizona. Someday, I will go back with more time and my best camera. The shots I took are from a van. There is quite a bit of color in this border town--both literally and of the lots-of-character sense. The first thing you notice are the houses--built one on top of each other in an impossible sort of way.

It was worth all the traveling--and I mean ALL the traveling. I traveled NORTH to Temple,TX (8 hours) then NW to Dallas (2 more hours) then SOUTH back home for 1 night (13 hours) then NW to Menard,TX (7 hours) then on to Arizona (12 hours) then back all the way home (19 hours). I had great company!

No comments:

Photobucket