12.31.2007

Monterrey, Mexico

I was blessed with a visit from my college pal, Erica. We hadn't seen each other in over 2 years so it was fun to catch up and go on little adventures. 2 1/2 hours south of me is Monterrey, Mexico (Mexico's 3rd largest city). Because of the fear of driving my car in Mexico, I had never been there--even though it is the closest city to me. We took a bus day tour and had a great time. Here are just a few of the million photos we took.

View of the city. The Sierra Madre mountains are in the background. Your history lesson for the day: The Sierra Madres connect to the Rockies on the North and the Andes to the South.
Another view of the city. The orange tower emits a laser beam at night.

The Palace in the Grand Plaza.



Close-up of the statue on the tippy-top of the palace building.Statues around the palace.


Inside the Palace


Outside the Palace

Snapped while driving around.


Erica outside a Brewery and the Mex. Baseball Hall of Fame.



Our last stop was to catch this gorgeous view.


The building here was all the way at the top of the hill.

Us, after a long but fantastic day. (Although getting stopped at the U.S. Border for a 1+ hour bus inspection was still ahead.)


6 comments:

SALTZWORKS said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

Trish said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

I also spy so UD gear!

DIANE said...

Looks like a fabulous time! What beautiful architecture and scenery.

Nicole Martel said...

great photos!

Erica said...

oh my gosh! this was such a wonderful trip for me too! thank you mom for the xmas gift of a ticket to go see alicia :o) i will get the rest of my photos up online from san antonio. next time we should not wait so long to catch up, etc. maybe next time you come east we should try for a UD football game :o) miss you! love you!

PS...yes that is UD gear! GO BLUE HENS!!

Traicee said...

Gorgeous photos Alicia! I love your blog and enjoyed catching up. I miss chatting with you on iL2C. You are such a sweetie (((hugs)))

Photobucket